CBD is a wonderful molecule! Many papers, personal testimonies, reviews, and books have very positive things to say about this cannabinoid. And rightfully so!
However, you might be asking the same question I did a while back – what are the best books written about CBD? Which books can I get into if I want to relax with a cup of tea? Well, don’t worry about it – I got you. Prepare to see all kinds of books ranging from purely education to testimonial to the best cookbooks out there – you might need another cup of tea before you’ve finished all of them!
1. CBD Oil 101: The Essential Guide on Medicinal Cannabis Including Hemp Oil, Cannabidiol Derived Products, Business Investing, and Miracle Benefits for Pain Relief
Written by David Marino of Minerva Publishing Services and Company
One of the newer books on the scene was written by David Marino. He is currently in the process of becoming a cellular and molecular neurosurgeon, currently working as a trauma technician, is the founder of Minerva PS & CO (a company dedicated to general well-being), and he’s well on his way to performing free neurosurgery everywhere around the world. The book itself is rich in content, and it’s an absolute must if you’re new to the CBD scene.
The contents include:
- An introduction to CBD oil and the endocannabinoid system
- Undeniable proof of the benefits of CBD
- An expert take on sources, high CBD strains, and genetic matching
- All there is to know about dosage
- 24 different conditions treated using CBD oil
- Tips on finding credible products
- Everything about veterinary CBD
- …and even political and legal trends!
Length: 244 pages.
2. CBD: A Patient’s Guide to Medicinal Cannabis–Healing Without The High
Written by Leonard Leinow and Juliana Birnbaum
Leonard Leinow is the founder of Synergy Wellness. He has over 30 years of experience cultivating medicinal cannabis. Juliana Birnbaum is a trained cultural anthropologist, a world travelling holistic practitioner, and a founder of the Permaculture Research Institute. It makes perfect sense that these two would pair up to write one of the clearest and most informative books on CBD that’s been written to date!
- A unique historical perspective on medical cannabis
- A detailed guide on how to properly use medical cannabis
- Tips on using CBD to heal your pets
- The scientific perspective on CBD’s effect on your body
- A “how to” on dosing for unique health conditions
- The future of CBD – where it’s headed and why
Length: 325 pages
3. The Athlete’s Guide to CBD: Treat Pain and Inflammation, Maximize Recovery, and Sleep Better Naturally
Written by Scott Douglas
Is CBD good for more than just relaxing and healing inflammation? Scott Douglas is the author and co-author of over a dozen books and a contributor to Running World. He’s also the athlete’s sensai with his book The Athlete’s Guide to CBD where he speaks about its benefits towards the athletically inclined.
- The different formulations of CBD
- CBD when it comes to sleep, recovery, and anxiety
- Various athletic applications of medicinal cannabis.
4. Cannabis and CBD for Health and Wellness
Written by Aliza Sherman and Dr. Junella Chin
Aliza Sherman has quite an interesting history. She’s a web pioneer, digital marketing strategist, cannabis entrepreneur, innovator, and commentator, she’s been labeled by NEWSWEEK as one of the “Top 50 People Who Matter Most on the Internet,” is the author of 12 different books, and she founded the first three websites made specifically for women (Cybergrrl.com, Webgrrls.com, Femina.com) in 1995.
Dr. Junella Chin, on the other hand, practiced integrative medicine for over a decade in California. She decided to dedicate her medical career towards finding effective, integrative, and holistic approaches to patient care.
Their book is meant to give a unique, progressive, grounded, and well-thought-out perspective on CBD as they outline some of the best ways in which it can be used.
- A demystifying of cannabis and its history
- Explains how to treat a myriad of health and lifestyle issues in a straightforward manner.
- Much-needed information on many areas of CBD including its various forms, tips on ingestion, advice on dosing, and microdosing, tips on safety and storage, and even information on CBD and sexual arousal!
5. The ABCs of CBD: The Essential Guide: Why Pot Is NOT What We Were Taught
Written by Shira Adler
Shira Adler has a BA and MFA in voice, and she dedicated three decades of her life to spiritual care work as a cantor, non-denominational Interfaith Minister and healer, certified past life regressionist, spiritual counselor, advocate, activist, speaker, media personality and entrepreneur. She’s the founder and CEO of a natural wellness compan called Shira Synergy, and they created the first ever CBD-infused aromatherapy line of Synergy Sprays. She’s also an intuitive.
Whew, that’s quite a mouthful! After all of that she decided to write “The ABCs of CBD,” which is the parent’s best friend when they want to explain CBD to their children. That’s not all it is, of course; It also provides a humorous twist on already well-documented information, creating what Shira describes as “edutainment at it’s finest!” Definitely worth checking out.
- A broad look on CBD through the eyes of history, pop culture, commerce, social justice, and more
- A scientific take on CBD, which includes information about the endocannabinoid system
- A section for parents who are unsure of how to introduce CBD to their children
6. Cannabis and CBD Science for Dogs: Natural Supplements to Support Healthy Living and Graceful Aging
Written by Dr. Caroline Coile
Dr. Coile has written 34 books and hundreds of magazine/ scientific articles about dogs (which she has won over a dozen awards for). She currently writes the monthly Breeder’s Notebook column for Dog World magazine and the bi-monthly Nutrition column for the AKC Gazette. She’s been competing in dog events since 1975, and she has a PhD in psychology with interests in canine behavior, senses, genetics and neuropsychology. Her book is a short and sweet 104 pages long, and it turns 30 years of professional research into a practical guide for anyone who wants to integrate CBD into their baby’s diet.
- How to therapeutically use cannabis for your pet’s needs.
- An introduction in pioneering new CBD products specifically designed for pets.
- Learning about legal, safe, and veterinarian-approved cannabis products for dogs.
7. The CBD Kitchen: Over 50 plant-based recipes for tonics, easy meals, treats & skincare made with the goodness extracted from hemp
Written by Leah Vanderveldt
As far as recipe books go Leah Vanderveldt certainly put forth her knowledge as a certified culinary nutritionist! She’s the former food editor of mindbodygreen.com and she’s written for magazines such as Home Beautiful Australia, Vogue, and Vanity Fair.
- 50+ recipes for smoothies, teas and coffees, snacks and desserts, light savory meals, and even mocktails and cocktails!
- CBD skin care that includes an anti-inflammatory face mask and a coconut oil moisturiser.
- A guide on creating your own CBD-based schedule.
8. CBD Every Day: How to Make Cannabis-Infused Massage Oils, Bath Bombs, Salves, Herbal Remedies, and Edibles
Written by Sandra Hinchliffe
Moving slightly away from the cooking side of things we have Sandra Hinchliffe’s “CBD Everyday.” She’s the founder of posyandkettle.com, and she’s also the author of The Cannabis Spa at Home (which was the first book to bring together cannabis, spa, and herbal healing, and is more focused towards THC).
She’s also written High Tea, which is a collection of cannabis tea-time recipes for every occasion (and is also focused towards THC)!
This (CBD-focused) book includes 60+ recipes that help you infuse CBD into massage oils, salves, edibles, and even bath bombs. It’s definitely worth checking out if you’re looking to use CBD in a more creative fashion.
- How to work with many strains of CBD-rich cannabis that’s low in (or contains no) THC or other psychoactive cannabinoids.
- How to prepare and enjoy a variety of CBD forms, such as flowers, resins, and oils
- How to integrate CBD into dozens of recipes including salad dressings, beverages, snacks, desserts, infusions, herbal medicines, soap, bath bombs, salves, and lotions
9. The Cannabis Health Index: Combining the Science of Medical Marijuana with Mindfulness Techniques To Heal 100 Chronic Symptoms and Diseases
Written by Uwe Blesching
We’ve heard that CBD can cure cancer, but what’s really going on here? Uwe Blesching’s book “The Cannabis Health Index” helps to explain just that, and a whole lot more. Over 100 different symptoms and diseases are addressed in this book, including cancer, inflammatory diseases, and neurological diseases.
He holds a BA in humanities from the New College of California, an MA in psychology, and a PhD in higher education and social change from the western Institute for Social Research. He also has twenty years of experience in emergency medicine as a paramedic for the City of San Francisco. Definitely worth checking out if you’re looking for a scientific perspective on CBD and disease!
- Evidence-based insights from more than 1,000 studies from cannabinoid and consciousness research.
- A convincing case for how medical marijuana can heal over 100 different chronic symptoms and diseases including infections, cancer, cardiovascular health, eye diseases, and more.
- Clarity to the process of making informed decisions about cannabis as a valid treatment.
10. DIY Cannabis Business Startup: How to Legally Start, Run, and GROW Your Own Marijuana (Weed, Hemp, Cannabis & CBD) Based Business: A REAL Success Story – Be Your Own BOSS
Written by Chris Maxwell
Perhaps you’re business-minded and you’re looking to start your own (legal) cannabis business! If that’s the case then Chris Maxwell is here to save the day with “DIY Cannabis Startup,” which has incredible reviews on Amazon and a LOT to offer. See below…
- Sativa vs. Indica
- Why strains matter
- THC and CBD
- What happens when you “get high”
- What it means to feel “high”
- The commercialization and legalization of marijuana
- Weed use in the entertainment industry
- Find a niche
- Know what the rules are
- Tips for raising capital
- Creating your business plan
- Define the purpose of your business plan
- Branded Weed Products
- Crypto Currencies
- Getting Involved in Other Jobs Within the Market
- Real Estate Opportunities
- Outdoor Grow Operations
- Promoting Cannabis Based Products
- Funding and Financing in Cannabis Ventures
He also offers a bonus: if you buy the paperback version you’ll also receive the Kindle version at no extra cost!
CBD is definitely on the rise again, and that’s why I’ve done my best to provide you with the most diverse of a list as I can while also making sure that their content is gripping, factual, and informative! Maybe you’ve read a book on CBD that I haven’t mentioned here; if so, feel free to leave a comment describing the book and why you loved it :). Until next time, stay green my friends!